Wednesday, April 11, 2012

REVAMP

Ok, I haven't posted in a while. This is because no one follows me so not many care, but mostly because I haven't had the time to make any cartoons, nor the will as I find myself more and more embarrassed by my lack of skill and lack of technology (such as a scanner and photoshop) to make up for this sad fact. Yes, I have GIMP--that's not the point. I don't even have the time to figure out which tools correspond with the photoshop ones. Geez...

Anyhoo! Change is afoot! I'm going to be using this blog for something much more boring but much less mediocre! Quick, weekly updates on politics and news! Very similar to what I have been doing for the past little bit as my faith in my tooning has waned (at least I find me funny X| lol).

The reason I'm doing this is because I've gotten, what is for me, an alarming amount of requests to inform people quickly about what's going on in Canada, the world, and who they should vote for. The last disturbed me to no end. So, so very wrong. I may be passionate and opinionated, but I am not a bigot.

It's important to be engaged in the world and to make informed decisions for oneself. But, if we are to be realistic, 1) the world and info move so fast we have a hard time catching up or slowing down (and you wonder why people can be cynical and miserable eh?) and 2) many people are not too interested in politics. With regards to the latter, sometimes I think; who can blame them? Look at the attack ad campaigns they feed us! Across intelligence and wisdom levels, most people know when they're being fed utter bullshit (though sometimes they don't see how it still effects them. I know I don't always).

So as usual, I will provide weekly updates with a quick, sound-bite-like synopsis for those who don't have the time or will to search.

Then I may get into a rant in the second half of the blog that those political junkies, interested folk, and people who like to get angry may read.

I will still throw in the occasional comic because it's fun. I have a separate site for that now and once I have time/master the basic skills of html txts and wordpress I will provide a link to it.

So there you go, empty cyberverse. I know not many read this blog yet, but it has way more hits than my other one for creative writing so it must be reaching some individuals. If not, next time someone asks me to make a political decision for them I can point them here. Mouhaha.

WARNING THOUGH: I am a leftist. I do not swear allegiance to a party, but I am on a certain side of the spectrum. I will always try to be fair when I give the low down but rants will have at least a hint of bias. If you'd like to check out the other half of the spectrum, try some sites like ipolitics.ca

In addition! You can also follow me on twitter: @pekoe_j (pekoe refers to my favourite tea...I like tea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment