Monday, November 14, 2011

NEW TOONS! Yeeeeeeeey!


So the summer is over and so is Parliament's 4 month vacation. Ok...so its been over for a while. But now there are enough Parliamentary shannanagons to get me sufficiently riled up to make more cartoons! Which is exciting for me...because its the only thing I do frequently enough to be called a hobby....
But enough about me! More about the toons


This first one is called A Present For Harper


 I made a chibi Harper. I am as unimpressed with myself as any anime lover-politics follower who may stumble across this blog would be. It's unnatural and strange and I don't like it. But I'm experimenting with my style and this Harper wanted to be chibi so I let him be chibi. For those who don't know what chibi is look it up. It's basically a mini character used in Japanese anime. Hard to capture in words.

During my summer vacation I ordered some Ciao markers off the net. I was going to use them for the first time (after having them for 2 months I might add!) in this drawing, until I realized I had forgotten to buy grey...the moment looked something like this:





For anyone out there who's read the entry up until now, and who knows about Fruits Basket which is most likely to be a close friend of mine checking out the blog to support me...the author of that anime, Naka Hatake has these sort of little random snippets on the margins of her work featuring her and her teddy bear...

and I think I'm going to start doing that too whenever it is relevant to the comic :) Because it makes me laugh and this blog is as much for me as it is for anyone out there reading it. 


I hope you enjoy!
Also, I am working on improving my photoshop/scanning skills so this blog and my entries can have a cleaner look. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment